How to grow organic mizuna microgreens
- Sprinkle the seeds over a tray of compost and press down gently.
- Cover with a fine layer of compost. It is advisable to use a micro biologically tested compost such as Klasmann Peat Free Seed Compost to ensure there are no pathogens present.
- Keep the compost moist (but not soaking).
- Best kept at a steady temperature of about 20°C.
- You should see signs of germination after a couple of days.
- Cut after about ten days or later to let true leaves develop.
Harvesting and using your baby leaf mizuna
When you are happy with your crop then cut your mizuna greens close to the compost and gently rinse off any compost. If you feel they are getting too big they can all be harvested all together and stored in a container in the fridge to keep fresh.