- Maintains its sweetness and tenderness over a long growing season and does not get woody.
- The roots stand proud above the soil ( but can be earthed up) and remain in good condition over a long period.
- The red-green leaves also have a very good flavour.
- Smooth-skinned with dark purple-red flesh, it grows a dark red, elongated root 7 to 10cm long.
- Excellent flavour
- Delay sowing to mid May to prevent bolting.
- Because of its cylindrical root shape can be spaced more closely together, making it productive in small spaces
200 seeds Cert. Org.(GB-ORG-6)