Beetroot Egyptian Flatround
- Egyptian Beetroot has rapid early season growth and, as most of the root forms above the ground, the mature beet can be pulled rather than dug in 50 to 60 days.
- It is ideal for early sowings in cold frames and for successional sowing outside for a prolonged cropping period. Good sweet flavour.
- It is at its best when grown in spring and summer as the exposed mature beetroot does not enjoy hard frosts.
- Beetroot grows best on an open site with rich light soil. The plants are quick growing, very early maturing, and resistant to bolting.
- They are recommended for shallow soils and growing in cold frames and can be grown closer together than most heritage varieties because the plants do not develop large tops.
- Sow from April to June outside.
- For storage sow in the second half of May.
- Sow in rows 30 cm apart and thin the plants later to a distance of 7-10 cm.
200 seeds Cert. Org.(GB-ORG-6)