British Queens Organic Seed Potatoes
Second Early Variety
- British Queen Potatoes are a very tasty, floury, superb eating potato - fit for a Queen (and the King-and the kids...)!
- Grown in Ireland since the 1900's.
- Reasonable resistance to tuber blight, potato virus and and scab.
- Short oval tuber, cream skin, cream flesh. Shallow eyes.
- Please see our blog for instructions on chitting and how to grow Early Potatoes .
- Great roasting potato.
- RHS Award of Garden Merit.
Mackerel, Queens and Salad
750g new potatoes
5 tbsp tahini or mayonaise
small bunch chives, snipped
100g watercress or spinach
270g pack peppered mackerel fillets
How to -
- Cook the potatoes in plenty of boiling salted water until tender, about 15 mins. Drain and allow to cool.
- Make the dressing by mixing the tahini or mayonaise with the chives, reserving some for decoration.
- Scatter half the watercress across a big platter. Chop the rest roughly and mix with the mackerel, potatoes and dressing.
- Pile the mackerel-potato mix on top of the watercress, then top with the rest of the chives.
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Floury,tasty, stores well,good against blight and slugs.
- A lovely floury potato that stores well. Stayed blight free,but I did spray for blight. I have a lot of slugs in my patch but they did not do too much damage. Will be getting British Queen again next time.