Butterfly & Pigeon Net
Strong netting that is easy to place over crops for pigeon and butterfly protection.
- Available in 2, 4, 6, 8 metre widths - 10m lengths or 100m rolls (wider rolls at request).
- Can be ordered in multiples of 10m. e.g. order 3 x 10m if you want 30m and it will be cut in one piece.
- Will last many seasons.
- Mesh dimensions 5mm x 7mm.
Pigeons - attack a wide range of plants, but seem particularly keen on the leaves of brassicas (such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbages and cauliflower), cherries, and peas.
- Leaves will be ripped leaving only the centre stalk behind.
- Plants look like skeletons and no crop will be produced.
- Heavy pigeon grazing will prevent pea development.
- Pigeons also eat the fruit of cherries and currants.
Butterflies - adult butterflies do not cause any damage to plants. However, their larvae do. Butterflies can wriggle through normal bird netting.
- Large cabbage white larvae (yellow and black patterned caterpillars) will destroy small Brassica plants and severely damage larger plants. Large infestations can often defoliate whole Brassica crops if left untreated.
- Small cabbage white larvae (green caterpillars) feed singly and will often burrow deep into head forming Brassicas causing holes and contaminating leaves with excrement.
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Very good
- Great netting and is heavy enough not to get tangled.