Colleen First Early Seed Potatoes
- Good resistance to tuber blight, potato virus and scab.
- Oval tuber, light yellow skin, yellow flesh.
- Very good eating quality. Fries well - just the spud you long for after the long winter.
- about 12 weeks from planting to harvest
- Please see our blog for instructions on how to grow first early Potatoes
Braised new potatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
12 baby onions, peeled
2 garlic cloves, sliced
400g baby new potatoes, halved
300ml vegetable stock
3 sprigs lemon thyme, leaves only
Zest and juice 1 lemon
2 tbsp chives and parsley
- Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan. Add the onions and cook for about 8 minutes, or until they start to soften and take on some colour. Add the garlic.
- Add the potatoes, cut-side down, then pour over the stock and scatter with the thyme leaves and lemon zest. Partially cover the pan and cook for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Once the potatoes are tender, pour in the lemon juice and a knob of butter and shake the pan well. Remove from the heat, sprinkle with herbs and seasoning and serve.