Primula veris - perennial
- Provide a valuable early nectar source for bees.
- They like partially shaded areas - ideal in wildflower meadows, below deciduous shrubs and trees, on the edge of woodland areas or naturalised in lawns.
- Sow seeds in late spring/early summer or late summer/autumn.
- Need a period of cold and damp to enable them to germinate. (You can stratify the seed yourself by putting the seeds between two damp pieces of kitchen paper in a polythene bag in the fridge. Inspect for germination after about two weeks)
- Once established, plants benefit from being lifted and divided every two years in early spring.