- When the heads are a good size the outer leaves can be bunched up to blanch the heart. Alternatively you can put a bucket over the plant. After about two weeks you should have lovely tender creamy couloured, soft leaves - a gourmet treat!
- Sow in a seed bed from the end of June for an autumn harvest.
- The harvest can start as soon as the plants reach a reasonable size.
- Harvest before heavy frost.
- For early harvest sow in a greenhouse and plant four weeks later. Planting distance: 35x35 cm.
200 seeds Cert. Org (GB-ORG-6)