How to sprout your organic fennel seeds
- Rinse and soak the Fennel seeds in clean water for 5-6 hours.
- Drain and rinse the seeds and put in your sprouting tray or jar.
- Rinse the seeds daily.
- The sprouts should be ready for consumption within six days.
How to grow organic fennel microgreens
- Sprinkle the seeds over a tray of compost and press down gently.
- Cover with a fine layer of compost. It is advisable to use a micro biologically tested compost such as Klasmann's Peat Free Seed Compost to ensure there are no pathogens present.
- Keep the compost moist (but not soaking).
- Best kept at a steady temperature of about 20°C You should see signs of germination after a few days.
- Cut after about two weeks.
Harvesting and using your fennel greens When you are happy with your crop then cut your fennel greens close to the compost and gently rinse off any compost. The fennel seed husk can cling to the leaves stubbornly. The longer they are growing for the more husks will fall off. If you feel they are getting too big they can all be harvested all together and stored in a container in the fridge to keep fresh.