Organic Fenugreek Seed
How to sprout Fenugreek seeds:
- Rinse and soak in clean water for 5-6 hours.
- Drain and rinse and put in your sprouting tray or jar.
- Rinse daily.
- Should be ready within five days.
- Can also be sown as a microgreen.
How to grow Fenugreek microgreens from seed:
- Sprinkle the Fenugreek seeds over a tray of compost and press down gently.
- Cover with a fine layer of compost.
- It is advisable to use a micro biologically tested compost such as Klasmann’s Peat Free Seed Compost to ensure there is no pathogens present.
- Keep the compost moist – be careful not to over water though!
- Should be ready in about 10-15 days.
Using Fenugreek sprouts in the kitchen
Fenugreek sprouts are ideal to spice up salads containing other sprouts or green leaves.
Nutrition contained in fenugreek sprouts
- Fenugreek sprouts are rich in minerals such as iron, potassium, calcium, selenium, copper, zinc, manganese and magnesium.
- Regarding vitamins, it contains thiamin, folic acid, riboflavin, pyridoxine (vitamin B6), niacin, and vitamins A and C.
- During sprouting, minerals, such as calcium and magnesium, bind to protein, making them more bioavailable. The content of vitamins and essential fatty acids also increase during the sprouting process.
- Fenugreek sprouts are very good for the lymph nodes and entire lymphatic system - particularly good for women. Are an exceptional sprout for the extensive network of lymph vessels in female breast tissue. Will help with milk production if you are lactating.
Cert. Organic IE-ORG-03