Filderkraut Autumn Cabbage
- Firm mid-season pointed cabbage which is has a particularly fine taste.
- German heirloom variety with thin leaves and small core.
- Can grow very large so plant closer for smaller heads.
- Fiderkraut will give you unique green heads of thin, tender leaves that form into a cone-like shape. This unusual shape, and that fact that it is nearly coreless, makes it very easy to grate for sauerkraut or coleslaw. Due to its particularly fine, slightly sweet taste, it is very well suited for the production of sauerkraut
- In contrast to the round white cabbage, this pointed cabbage has finer leaf structures, which are looser on each other. Filderkraut contains a large amount of vitamins and minerals, making it an important part of a healthy diet, especially in winter. High in Vitamin C.
- Sow April/May, plant 60cm apart, harvest from early autumn.
100 seeds Cert. Org.(GB-ORG-6)