- Leaves and flowers can be used in salads.
- The flowers are loved by bees.
- Borage has a clean, cucumber-melon flavour. The tender young stems and leaves of borage are a fantastic addition to salads. Lightly blanch the leaves first in a pot of simmering salted water for a minute or two, or by chopping them up extremely finely to break down any tiny hairs that may be left on the leaves.
- The stunning blue, star-shaped flowers make a beautiful garnish and are good frozen in ice cubes for that summer glass of Pimms!
- Sowing instructions: Sowing time April - June. Sow seeds 0.5-1 cm deep in rows 30 cm apart in soil with a fine crumbly surface.
50 seeds Cert. Org.(GB-ORG-6)