Foeniculum vulgare Herbaceous perennial.
- Use the feathery leaves in salads, soups, sauces and fish dishes.
- Sow directly in spring when the soil has warmed up.
- Sow under cover in Autumn for planting out in Spring
- Fennel will grow in most soil - but the richer the soil, the more tender the foliage and the less aromatic the seed.
- It likes well-drained, sheltered but sunny position.
- Grows up to 2 metres tall - lovely majestic plant. Flower heads attract hover-flies - great for eating the aphids.
400 seeds Cert. Org.(GB-ORG-6)