Sow months: 4-8 Kg/ha: 30 kg 1kg covers: 300m²
- Mixture of 60% buckwheat and 40% phacelia.
- Both plants are not related to any of our cultivated crops, so this mix is neutral and can be sown anywhere in the rotation.
- Produces masses of bulk which should be dug in before the plants become too woody.
- Buckwheat does not ﬁx nitrogen but is a very rapidly growing annual crop. It is good at scavenging for phosphate in the soil which it then takes up and makes available to subsequent crops after incorporation.
- Phacelia does not fix Nitrogen either, but is a great Nitrogen-lifter, and so it will reduce N losses.
- The two green manures combine to give good coverage.
- If allowed to flower will attract bees, hoverflies and other beneficial insects.