Highland Burgundy Red - Seed Potatoes
- Highland Burgundy Red are a Maincrop with red flesh.
- Burgundy's red flesh has a fluffy texture and delicious sweet flavour.
- This maincrop potato makes excellent crisps, wedges, chips and mash, and retains its colour well if deepfried, roasted and steamed rather than boiled.
- The tubers are an oval/long shape.
- Nutritionalists have stated that the antioxidants provide many health benefits, which can help towards preventing certain diseases.
- Around since the 1930s and linked with the Duke of Burgundy through name, this red skinned and red fleshed variety is impressive from the start. A joy to specialist growers as it provides flavoursome potatoes which brighten up any dish, be it floury mash or red chips. Magic!
- Please click HERE to read our Blog post on growing potatoes.