Organic Dahlia Duet
Striking red and white dahlia that was first cultivated in 1955. Excellent cut flower. The petals edges turn slightly downwards, preventing the collection of rainwater in wet weather and increasing Duet's ability to stay tall and erect after rain. Dahlia Duet also has strong stems. Cut regularly to encourage new flowers.
Flower size 15-20cm
Height to 90cm
Three Tubers per pack.
Organic Dahlia Duet planting instructions –
DAHLIAS are easy to grow and will add some wonderful colours to your garden. They are tolerant of a wide range of soil types and situations but perform best in fertile, well-drained soil in full sun. Prepare the soil using compost, well rotted manure or a general NPK fertilizer.
- Tubers can either be started off in large pots of quality organic potting compost in April and planted out after all risk of frost is over in May/June; or planted directly were they are to flower in May/June.
- Tubers should be planted 10-15cm deep.
- Stake as required and pinch out shoots to promote bushiness (see pruning and training below)
- Keep well-watered and once flowers appear feed with a high potash liquid feed every two weeks from July to early September.
- Watch out for slugs! Dahlias are quite a favourite.
- Once the plants have died back in autumn/winter you can either lift and store the tubers or leave in situ and cover with a thick layer of compost or leaf mould to protect from frost.
- Click HERE for more detailed growing instructions.
Certified Organic NL-Bio -01