Orla Early/Second Early Seed Potato
- Early variety or can be left in as a Maincrop
- One of the most popular varieties
- Read our blog post on how to chit potatoes.
- Well able to fight off tuber and foliage blight, potato virus scab
- Many good oval tubers,clean smooth cream skin, attractive yellow flesh
- Excellent eater,suitable for baking
- Popular potato you are going to miss later in the year
- RHS Award of Garden Merit
- 12-14 weeks from planting to harvest
New potato, garlic and parsley soup
1 onion, chopped
A splash of dry white wine
250g new potatoes, sliced
1 litre vegetable stock
40g garlic or wild garlic
Parsley, chives or spring onions
A dash of cream
- In a large pot melt the butter and add the chopped onions. Cook until translucent.
- Add the wine and let the alcohol evaporate.
- Add the potatoes and stock. Simmer for 25-30 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- Remove pan from the heat and add the garlic, parsley and cream. Bllend the mixture in a food processor until smooth. Alternatively, you can gently break up the potatoes for a more textured soup.
- Season to taste.