Gourmet Potatoes and Fertilizer
- 2kg Vitabella organic seed potatoes
- 2kg Blue Danube seed potatoes
- 2kg Mayan Gold organic seed potatoes
- 6 tubers Highland Burgundy Red seed potatoes
- 6 tubers Pink Fir Apple
- 4kg Topmix organic plant feed (4-3-7)
- 4kg Health-Sea Seaweed Dust
Get all of this for €35!
Try something new this year! Vitabella is a new second early with a lovely creamy taste (10 out of 10 in our kitchen here), Blue Danube is a blight resistant red skinned roaster and Mayan Gold has a unique nutty taste that is beloved by chefs. When steamed Burgundy Red is a real show stopper.
Organic plant feeds
The bundle includes two excellent organic approved sources of nutrients for your crops.
TOPMIX is an approved organic feed with a good balance of major N-P-K nutrients. It's relatively high in Potash (K) and so is ideal for potatoes which have a high potash requirement. Dig it in before planting. Application rate: approx 1kg per 4m2.
This bundle comes with 4kg Topmix which is just the right amount to feed the 6kg of potatoes included. If your soil is relatively fertile already you can apply at slightly lower rates and use some for your onions too.
SEAWEED DUST is a great soil conditioner and supplies minor nutrients and trace elements essential for healthy plant growth. You can dig this in with the Topmix. Applicaiton rate approx. 1kg per 10m2.
Wild Atlantic Way Land and Sea Chowder
300g Vitabella potatoes, halved
75g sliced squid
1kg live mussels
1 onion, sliced
200g streaky bacon, chopped
A pinch of mace and saffron
500ml fish stock
Single cream (I don’t know why it never got married ......)
Chopped Chives and Parsley
How to -
• Rinse the mussels in cold running water.
• Sauté the onion and bacon in the olive oil for about five minutes.
• Add the potatoes and stock and bring to a gentle boil for ten minutes.
• Add the seafood and spices, and cook for five more minutes.
• Remove any unopened mussels.
• Add the cream and season to taste.
• Stir in the herbs and serve with a crusty baguette and green salad.
• Wine optional.