What is it?
- Thick roll of matted wool that you place around your beds or attach to your raised bed.
- Can be anchored down with garden pins
- Slugs will not cross the barrier so your lettuces can grow in peace.
How does it work?
- Slugs sense the salt from the sheeps sweat glands - salt is a no go area for slugs.
- Wool fibres have very fine scales on them with tiny barbs which irritates the slugs preventing them going across the pellets.
- In order to overcome the curled fibers and the sheep's sweat, snails would have to produce a lot of mucus. They run the risk of drying out, which is why they avoid the wool.
- Harmless to children, cats, dogs, birds and other wildlife.
- Will improve soil structure as it degrades.
- Water-saving - Wool stores up to 33% of its weight in water which is slowly released.
- Fertilizer - sheep wool contains important nutrients for the plant, such as nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium.
- Pure natural product - sustainable and renewable.
- Sheep wool does not have to be artificially produced. The producer is the sheep.
- Can also be used in hanging baskets and tubs to stop the soil drying our as the wool attracts and locks in moisture into the soil.
- Will last between 18-24 months.
- 100% biodegradable.
- Made in Austria.