- Kale is the star of the winter vegetable garden.
- Nutritious, hardy (down to -15C) and easy to grow.
- Sow in a seed bed in May for July planting. Leaves can be cropped September 'till the following April.
- Larger than regular kale at about 60 cms tall, the stems are purplish and the leaves are shaped like big oak leaves and coloured a velvety gray green.
- The purple colors become richer after frost, when the flavor becomes sweeter.
- The leaves are very tender and flavoursome and can be cooked or used in a winter salad with carrot , onion and apple.
- Very hardy
250 seeds Cert. Org.(GB-ORG-6)