La Ratte, La Reine Ratte du Touquet, or Asparges
- La Ratte are an early Maincrop/Salad.
- Small to medium sized potato, oval - often with a slight curvature to its body.
- It has a smooth golden skin speckled faintly with tan spotting and shallow eyes.
- Flesh is golden yellow with a firm and waxy texture that it maintains even with cooking.
- The cooked La Ratte potatoes offer a buttery flavor and pronounced nutty undertone of hazelnut.
- The variety originated in Denmark or France in the late 19th century and is a favourite of chefs.
- Unique nutty flavor and smooth, buttery texture.
- French heirloom potato.