Loose Leaf Lettuce - Red Salad Bowl
- Large fast growing rosette lettuce with long, burgundy-red, deep cut leaves.
- This award winning variety produces large, slow bolting, non-heading plants with sweet, succulent leaves
- For Spring to Autumn cultivation.
- Sowing time from February until March in a greenhouse or coldframe, outside from March until the end of July.
- Sow seeds in seed trays or modules, cover seeds with 5 mm of compost and place in a light pllace at a temperature of 18 celsius
- Transplant the seedlings into pots or modules and plant these later at a distance of 30x40 cm.
- Lettuce requires a fertile, moist soil.
- Lettuce 'Red Salad Bowl' was awarded the Royal Horticultural Society’s Award of Garden Merit in 1993.
250 seeds Cert. Org.(GB-ORG-6)