Sow months 3-9 Packet will cover 20sq.mt. For larger amounts please click HERE
- Quick growing,annual.
- Beautiful flowers, attracts bees.
- Produces an abundant crop and grows in a great range of soils and climates.
- It is fast growing and provides exceptional weed suppression.
- Once dug in it adds organic bulk to the soil which improves soil structure, the fibrous quality of the decaying plant matter including the vast root system can significantly improve the water holding capacity of light or sandy soils.
- Can be also interplanted between crops and can be sown where additional nitrogen is required.
- Will grow in full sun or in semi-shade and is suitable for all soil types.
Did you know?
- Clover fixes nitrogen from the air in its root nodules and when chopped and dug into the soil the nitrogen store is released very quickly.
- As well as fixing a high amount of nitrogen, clovers long tap root can lift minerals and nutrients from deep in the soil strata to help improve the quality of following crops.
- Crimson clover is an annual variety of clover. In summer it will produce clusters of attractive crimson flowers that are loved by bees and other beneficial insects.
- It is also a good choice for sowing late in the year as it can either be worked into the soil when young or simply left to die down. The plants will gradually die as the temperatures drop, making it easy to incorporate into the ground in spring.
- Sow clover before a brassicas in a crop rotation plan to release nitrogen to the following leafy greens.