Organic Dahlia Philip Campos ia very striking apricot/orange. Excellent in the border or as a cut flower. Large striking blooms will not disappoint.
Flower size 10-15cm
Height to 100cm
Three Tubers per pack.
Organic Dahlia Philip Campos planting instructions –
DAHLIAS are easy to grow and will add some wonderful colours to your garden. They are tolerant of a wide range of soil types and situations but perform best in fertile, well-drained soil in full sun. Prepare the soil using compost, well rotted manure or a general NPK fertilizer.
- Tubers can either be started off in large pots of quality organic potting compost in April and planted out after all risk of frost is over in May/June; or planted directly were they are to flower in May/June.
- Tubers should be planted 10-15cm deep.
- Stake as required and pinch out shoots to promote bushiness (see pruning and training below)
- Keep well-watered and once flowers appear feed with a high potash liquid feed every two weeks from July to early September.
- Watch out for slugs! Dahlias are quite a favourite.
- Once the plants have died back in autumn/winter you can either lift and store the tubers or leave in situ and cover with a thick layer of compost or leaf mould to protect from frost.
- Click HERE for more detailed growing instructions.
Certified Organic NL-Bio -01