Organic Gladioli Plumtart
Plumtart has stunning rich red coloured flowers. Petals have a soft, velvet like texture which add to the richness and impact of this gladioli. Will grow to a height of 90 cms and make an excellent cut flower. Lovely with taller white/silver perennials.
Ten bulbs per pack.
Organic Gladioli Plumtart planting instructions-
- All gladioli are easy to grow. As soon as the soil has warmed up in March or April, plant the corms 15cm deep, 15cm apart.
- Gladioli grow to about 90cm in height, they are therefore suited to the back of herbaceous borders. A sheltered sunny spot is ideal. Avoid poor and water logged soils.
- Prepare the soil by adding compost, manure or an NPK fertilizer. Gladioli need plenty of water to flower well so adding plant matter to the site will aid water retention.
- Plants may need staking. Decorative grasses make good companion plants – ie barley
- As soon as the flowers appear and until at least three weeks after flowering, apply a high-potash feed every two weeks.
- When the plants have died back, cover the corms with plenty of leaf mould or compost to protect them from winter frosts. You should divide the clumps every few years to select the best corms for replanting. If you don’t divide your gladioli you will have large clumps of leaves and very few flowers.
Certified Organic NL-Bio -01