Organic Gladioli Captiva
Captiva is a delicate salmon pink gladioli for the back off the border. They also look very striking planted en masse. Captiva are a good cut flower.
Ten bulbs per pack.
Organic Gladioli Captiva planting instructions-
- All gladioli are easy to grow. As soon as the soil has warmed up in March or April, plant the corms 15cm deep, 15cm apart.
- Gladioli grow to about 90cm in height, they are therefore suited to the back of herbaceous borders. A sheltered sunny spot is ideal. Avoid poor and water logged soils.
- Prepare the soil by adding compost, manure or an NPK fertilizer. Gladioli need plenty of water to flower well so adding plant matter to the site will aid water retention.
- Plants may need staking. Decorative grasses make good companion plants – ie barley
- As soon as the flowers appear and until at least three weeks after flowering, apply a high-potash feed every two weeks.
- When the plants have died back, cover the corms with plenty of leaf mould or compost to protect them from winter frosts. You should divide the clumps every few years to select the best corms for replanting. If you don’t divide your gladioli you will have large clumps of leaves and very few flowers.
Certified Organic NL-Bio -01