Organic Summer Silage Ley with 60% Egyptian Clover and 40% Westerwolds Ryegrass
- Grows very fast and gives a high yield of protein rich fodder in a very short time.
- Because of the high percentage of clover this mix is very suitable as a greenmanure.
- Egyptian Clover grows well in Ireland as it likes plenty of moisture.
- Suited for normal to heavy soils.
- Can be frost killed in a cold winter.
- 100% Organic.
Egyptian Clover (Trifolium alexandrinum)
Egyptian Clover, or Berseem Clover, is a quick growing summer crop that produces a lot of growth when plenty of moisture and some warmth is present. As such, it is highly productive in a typical Irish summer and is often used with an annual ryegrass for silage and hay production. This fast growing combination also makes an excellent catch crop. It has a high growing point so is not suitable for grazing unless you want to get rid of it.