Organic China Rose Radish Seed
How to sprout China Rose Radish seeds:
- Rinse and soak the Radish seeds in clean water for 5-6 hours.
- Drain and rinse the seeds and put in your sprouting tray or jar.
- Rinse the seeds daily.
- The sprouts should be ready for consumption within five days.
- Brassicas have microscopic roots . They are called root hairs and are most visible just before rinsing when the sprouts are at their driest. When you rinse, the root hairs will collapse back against the main root - becoming invisible to you. These root hairs can look like mold - but they are not.
- China Rose can also be sown as a microgreen.
How to grow China Rose microgreens from seed:
- Sprinkle the China Rose seeds over a tray of compost and press down gently.
- Cover with a fine layer of compost.
- It is advisable to use a micro biologically tested compost such as Klasmann’s Peat Free Seed Compost to ensure there is no pathogens present.
- Keep the compost moist – be careful not to over water though!
- Should be ready in about 10-15 days.
Using China Rose Sprouts in your Cooking
Like other sprouts, the China Rose sprout can be eaten fresh from your sprouter for a quick, tasty and healthy snack. They are very attractive with heart shaped leaves and delicate rose pink stems. Radish sprouts are a very common ingredient in Chinese and Japanese cuisine, where they are eaten raw, simmered in soup, or used in sushi. They are rich in many vitamins and minerals. China Rose sprouts are perfect for adding texture and crunch to a variety of different preparations. Use to add a pop of colour to salads or as a garnish when finishing dishes.
Nutriton and health benefits of the China Rose sprout:
- Contains vitamins A, B, C, E and K
- Also rich in Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc Amino Acids, Sodium
- During sprouting, minerals, such as calcium and magnesium, bind to protein, making them more bioavailable. The content of vitamins and essential fatty acids also increase during the sprouting process.
- China Rose sprouts contain glucoraphenin and a variety of enzymes that are currently being studied for their ability to inhibit cancer cell growth.
250 gr packet
Cert. Org. IE-ORG-03