Orla Organic Seed Potato
Early/Second Early Variety
- Orla is one of the most popular varieties for good reasons!
- Early variety or can be left in as a Maincrop.
- Read our blog post on how to chit potatoes and grow early potatoes.
- Well able to fight off tuber and foliage blight, potato virus scab.
- Many good oval tubers,clean smooth cream skin, attractive yellow flesh.
- Excellent eater, suitable for baking.
- RHS Award of Garden Merit.
- 12-14 weeks from planting to harvest.
- Popular potato you are going to miss later in the year.
New potato, garlic and parsley soup
1 onion, chopped
A splash of dry white wine
250g new potatoes, sliced
1 litre vegetable stock
40g garlic or wild garlic
Parsley, chives or spring onions
A dash of cream
- In a large pot melt the butter and add the chopped onions. Cook until translucent.
- Add the wine and let the alcohol evaporate.
- Add the potatoes and stock. Simmer for 25-30 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- Remove pan from the heat and add the garlic, parsley and cream. Bllend the mixture in a food processor until smooth. Alternatively, you can gently break up the potatoes for a more textured soup.
- Season to taste.
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Excellent variety. Still good at end of Sept in the ground.
- First time to grow Orla in 2019 and I found them excellent! Some blight later in the season but tubers remained unaffedten and still digging them now at the end of Sept. Delicious new potato. Not floury and do not break up when boiled.