Viola tricolor - Pansy
Viola tricolor, also known as Johnny Jump up, heart's ease, heart's delight, tickle-my-fancy, Jack-jump-up-and-kiss-me, come-and-cuddle-me, three faces in a hood, or love-in-idleness, is a common European wild flower, growing as an annual or short-lived perennial.
- Attractive annual or biennial with a colour combinations of purple, white and yellow.
- Plants are 15-20 cm high.
- Will readily self seed.
- Best in moist soil but will grow in any moderately fertile soil apart from waterlogged. Full sun or partial shade.
- Pick pansies regularily to encourage flwering.
- Early sowings can be done in a cold frame, into trays of good seed compost and gradually hardened off before planting out. Alternatively sow directly into a well-prepared seed bed. Thin the seedlings out to 15cm apart when they are large enough to handle.
- Sow from March - May or August - September. Flowering - May - October
- 200 seeds.
Pansey 200 seeds Cert. Org. GB-ORG-06