Parsnips Tender & True
- Parsnips are easy to grow even on poorer soils and are winter hardy.
- Sow from March until mid May.
- Row distance 35 cm or wider. Thin the plants later to a distance of 10-15cm.
- The harvest starts in autumn but the taste improves after frost.
- Can stay in the soil over winter.
- Tender and True forms a long smooth root with little core.
- Ideal for lighter soils
500 seeds Cert. Org.(GB-ORG-6)
Parsnip & Leek Mash
- juice and finely grated zest 1/2
- Parsley - flat leaf looks best
- 1kg chopped
- 4 tbsp fromage frais
- 1 tbsp
- 2 thinly sliced
How to -
- Cook the parsnips for 15 mins, until tender. Drain well, then mash with the lemon zest and the fromage frais. Keep warm.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Cook the leeks over a medium heat for 6-8 mins,
- Stir the leeks into the parsnip mash. Season to taste.
- Sprinkle with parsley to garnish
- Very good with steamed fish.