TOPTEX Compost cover - durable fabric that enables proper aerobic decomposition of your compost.
Precondition for a successful composting process is the protection of compost from rain, wind and sun while at the same time leaving air into the material. Toptex is a cover fabric which allows the exchange of gases, protects against moisture, keeps the compost dry and in a crumble structure. The Toptex cover also protects the mature compost against the growth of weeds. Toptex is also suitable for covering raw manure. Scientific studies show that nutrient losses can be reduced significantly if manure heaps are covered with a suitable fabric. Therefore best management practices recommend the covering of stacked outdoors manure with composting fabric.
Toptex is made from green, continuous polypropylene filament in 200 g/m2 and available in the following sizes -
4m x 50 m
4m x 5 m
4m x 2 m
Main benefits of Toptex
- Toptex is a gas-permeable fleece fabric made from polypropylene.
- Due to its special stabilization the fabric is UV resistant and will normally have a lifespan of 3-5 years under European climate conditions.
- Does not fray.
- Toptex can be recycled.
- Toptex composting cover ensures a proper aerobic decomposition as the fabric allows the necessary gas exchange and thereby ensures an even more optimal temperature throughout the outer layers of the composting piles.
Toptex can also be used to cover
- Straw and hay bales (special sheet sizes available)
- Animal fodder e.g. beet
- Wood chips / firewood
- The Toptex cover protects all materials from wind, rain and sun, while at the same time allowing developing moisture to be released due to the breathing structure of the cover material.