Pumpkin Green Kuri
- Sow under glass in April, at a minimum temperature of 20 celsius.
- Harden the plants off slowly and plant outside when there is no further risk of frosts.
- Grow outdoors or in a cold frame.
- Harvest in the Autumn before frosts occur. Store at a temperature of 10-15 celsius.
- Trailing habit. Grows small green pumpkins of 1-1.5 kg fruit weight.
- Orange fruit flesh and excellent taste.
- Ripens well. Suitable for long term storage
10 seeds Cert. Org.(GB-ORG-6)
- 1 potato, 3 carrots
- 1 small pumpkin
- salt and pepper
- bay leaves, sage
- olive oil
- 100g red lentils
- 2 litres of water
- thumb sized piece of ginger
- toasted almond flakes and and chili flakes to garnish
- Chop the vegetables into similar sized chunks so they cook at the same speed. There is no need to peel the pumpkin.
- Heat up 2 tablespoons of oil in your pot and add the vegetables, seasoning and 2 bay leaves.
- Let them sweat for 7- 8 minutes then add 100g of red lentils and 2 litres of water.
- Let this simmer for 20 minutes and add 1 grated thumb sized piece of ginger and a few chopped sage leaves.
- Cook for another few minutes and then the soup can be blended or left chunky. (Remove the bay leaves)
- Add the toasted almonds to garnish - and chilli flakes too if you want a bit of a kick!