Red Clover Seed for Sprouting
How to prepare and grow red clover sprouts:
- Rinse and soak the seeds in clean water for 5-6 hours.
- Drain and rinse the seeds and put in your sprouting tray or jar.
- Rinse the seeds daily.
- The sprouts should be ready within five days.
- Easily sheds the hulls making for a cleaner finished sprout.
How to use and add red clover sprouts to your diet
Like most sprouts, red clover tastes great as is, so it's a great addition to your kitchen as you can simply pick away at the sprouts whenever you feel a bit peckish. they are also a great addition to salads - for our salad here we simply grated some carrots, added a few handfuls of red clover sprouts, toasted some mixed seeds & nuts (sesame, sunflower, pumpkin seeds and pine nuts) and dressed it with a simple french dressing - delicious!!
Red Clover sprouts are also great when added to pancakes, smoothies, potato salads or even omlettes - be adventurous and add them to all kinds of meals - the health benefits are fantastic and they are so easy to grow you can have a supply all year round.
Nutrition and health benefits of eating red clover sprouts:
- Red clover is considered to be one of the richest sources of isoflavones, which are water-soluble chemicals that act like oestrogens. Red Clover is therefore used for hot flashes/flushes, PMS, breast enhancement and breast health as well as lowering cholesterol, improving urine production and improving circulation of the blood.
- Red clover is also a source of many valuable nutrients including calcium, chromium, magnesium, niacin, phosphorus, potassium, thiamine, and vitamin C.
- Protein 25%.
- Abundant anti-oxidant levels – these significantly increase your energy levels, and provide anti-aging benefits for the skin.
- Red Clover is high in phytochemicals, particularly genistein, which has been found to prevent the formation of new blood vessels in cancer tumours, impeding further growth.
- Clover sprouts are the main dietary source of isoflavones, above any other superfood. Studies have shown that isoflavones can significantly reduce the risk of cancer.
Cert. Organic IE-ORG-03