Organic Red Kohlrabi(Pink Kale) Seed for Microgreens
How to sprout Red Kohlrabi seeds:
- Rinse and soak the kohlrabi seeds in clean water for 5-6 hours.
- Drain and rinse the seeds and put in your sprouting tray or jar.
- Rinse the seeds daily.
- The sprouts should be ready for consumption within five days.
- Brassicas have microscopic roots . They are called root hairs and are most visible just before rinsing when the sprouts are at their driest. When you rinse, the root hairs will collapse back against the main root - becoming invisible to you. These root hairs can look like mold - but they are not.
- Red Kohlrabi can also be sown as a microgreen.
How to grow Red Kohlrabi microgreens from seed:
- Sprinkle the Red Kohlrabi seeds over a tray of compost and press down gently.
- Cover with a fine layer of compost.
- It is advisable to use a micro biologically tested compost such as Klasmann’s Peat Free Seed Compost to ensure there is no pathogens present.
- Keep the compost moist – be careful not to over water though!
- Should be ready in about 10-15 days.
Using Red Kohlrabi Sprouts in your Cooking
Like other sprouts, the red kohlrabi sprout can be eaten fresh from your sprouter for a quick, tasty and healthy snack. It has a mild and sweet flavour, somewhat similar to other brassicas. It goes well in stir frys, as a topping to any salad and it can be used as an extra filling in sandwiches or just added as an extremely healthy topping to your meals.
Nutriton and health benefits of the Red Kohlrabi sprout:
- Contains vitamins A, B, C, E and K
- Also rich in calcium, Iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, zin, carotene, chlorophyll, antioxidants.
- Protein: 35%.
- During sprouting, minerals, such as calcium and magnesium, bind to protein, making them more bio-available. The content of vitamins and essential fatty acids also increase during the sprouting process.
Cert. Organic IE-ORG-03
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Not the first time purchasing this, will not be the last, delicious and a quality product.