Organic Radish RED RAMBO Seed for Sprouting
How to sprout Red Rambo seeds:
- Rinse and soak the Radish seeds in clean water for 5-6 hours.
- Drain and rinse the seeds and put in your sprouting tray or jar.
- Rinse the seeds daily.
- The sprouts should be ready for consumption within five days.
- Brassicas have microscopic roots . They are called root hairs and are most visible just before rinsing when the sprouts are at their driest. When you rinse, the root hairs will collapse back against the main root - becoming invisible to you. These root hairs can look like mold - but they are not.
- Red Rambo can also be sown as a microgreen.
How to grow Red Rambo microgreens from seed:
- Sprinkle the Red Rambo seeds over a tray of compost and press down gently.
- Cover with a fine layer of compost.
- It is advisable to use a micro biologically tested compost such as Klasmann’s Peat Free Seed Compost to ensure there is no pathogens present.
- Keep the compost moist – be careful not to over water though!
- Should be ready in about ten days.
Using Red Rambo Sprouts in your Cooking
Like other sprouts, the Red Rambo sprout can be eaten fresh from your sprouter for a quick, tasty and healthy snack. Radish sprouts taste like the plant they would grow into if planted in the garden. If you like radishes you'll love Radish Sprouts. Red Rambo are very good in sandwiches and stir fries keeping their flavour well.
Nutriton and health benefits of the Red Rambo sprout:
- Contains vitamins A, B, C, E and K
- Also rich in Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc Amino Acids, Trace Elements, Carotene, Chlorophyll.
- During sprouting, minerals, such as calcium and magnesium, bind to protein, making them more bioavailable. The content of vitamins and essential fatty acids also increase during the sprouting process.
Cert. Organic IE-ORG-03