- Forms long, flat beans which are best eaten when they are still young.
- Sow from the beginning of May, put the poles 80 x 80 cm apart, put 2-3 seeds per pole or cane.
- Long, stringless fleshy pods with exceptional flavour.
- White flowering, crops very heavily.
- Good garden variety,
- Water well as beans have shallow roots
- Regular picking will see harvest continuing until first frost.
- Flower set is better in alkaline, chalky soils. If your soil is neutral or acidic you could use a little lime.
- Another way to improve flower set is to pinch out the growing tips of the plants when they are 15cm high. The flowers formed on the resulting sideshoots usually set better.
40 seeds Cert. Org.(GB-ORG-6)