- Produces heavy crops of long, slightly rough textured dark-green, pods of excellent flavour. Pods are up to 30cm long.
- Sow from the end of May in fertile soil that will hold water. Having shallow roots regular and plentiful watering is vital.
- Runner beans should be watered particularly heavily, twice a week in dry weather.
- Plant out afetr the last frost. Will neeed staking
- Beans prefer to grow in moist, fertile soil in a sunny, sheltered spot away from strong winds
- Regular picking will see the beans harvest to first frost
- Flower set is better in alkaline, chalky soils. If your soil is neutral or acidic you could use a little lime.
- Another way to improve flower set is to pinch out the growing tips of the plants when they are 15cm high. The flowers formed on the resulting sideshoots usually set better.
40 seeds Cert. Org.(GB-ORG-6)