Italian Ryegrass 4N(Tetraploid)
Italian ryegrass is one of the fastest growing grasses available to farmers. It establishes well and starts growing early in the following spring.
Italian ryegrass has a rapid regrowth after cutting and the quality of the grass is very high in respect of digestibility.
It thrives on all kind of soils and is mainly used for conservation in short duration leys, often in mixtures with red clover. New varieties have good persistence suitable for 2-3 years use in mild climates. A lot of Italian ryegrasses are used for intercropping. Italian ryegrass exists in diploid and tetraploid forms.
- Italian ryegrass has a very open growth habit with fewer tillers than other grasses.
- Better suited to cutting than grazing.
- Italian Ryegrass (IRG) will produce 25% more herbage than Perennial Ryegrass
- It is very high yielding and reliably provides up to 18t DM per hectare on soils that suit it.
- 40kg/ha 16kg/acre 1kg for 250m2
Org. Cert.: DE-OEKO-003