Blaue Anneliese Organic Seed Potatoes
- A violet blue/purple fleshed maincrop.
- Blaue Anneliese comes from the small town of Barum in the Lüneburg Heath, Germany. Variety launched in 2007.
- They have a delicate sweet flavour, a slightly fluffy flesh and work well in savoury dishes.
- Have a dark blue, almost black, skin and dark violet-blue flesh; they have a characteristic nutty flavour and smell of chestnuts.
- The colour is retained in cooking, and is due to natural pigment. To retain the colour, it’s best to keep the skin on.
- The tubers are elongated with sunken eyes they are thick-skinned, and thus keep well.
- Please click here to read our Blog post on growing potatoes.