Nicola - Organic Seed Potatoes
- Salad/second early
- Read our blog post on how to chit potatoes.
- Golden skin, yellow flesh. Mid season
- Medium/high blight, virus and scab resistance
- Medium to large sized oval shaped tubers.
- It looks good and that's important for new potatoes, because they are often cooked and served with their skins still on.
- Excellent taste
Potato and Veggie BBQ Skewers
Salad potatoes, 2/3cm cubed
1 corn on the cob cut into large wheels
1 large red onion, cut into wedges
For the spice mix
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground coriander
¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
1tsp olive oil
How to –
- Cook the potatoes for about 5 minutes and drain. The potatoes should still be firm.
- Take a skewer and thread a potato on followed by a piece of corn, pineapple, courgette and red onion and repeat finishing with a potato. Do this for all your skewers.
- Mix all the spices and seasoning together with the olive oil and using a pastry brush, brush all over the potatoes and vegetables.
- Cook under a pre-heated grill or on the BBQ until the potatoes are cooked, and the other vegetables are nicely charred.
- Serve with rice, salad and a little chilli sauce if you fancy.