Sow months: 4-9 Garden pack will cover 20sq.mt For larger quantities, please click HERE.
- Weed suppressor.
- Has deep taproots that help break up soil and draw up nutrients.
- Fodder radish will improve soil structure.
- Fast growing and hardy -can be sown as late as August.
- Can be sown at any time once temperatures start to rise in the spring, and then can either be cut down on flowering or allowed to die back naturally through winter, used as a mulch and dug in during early spring.
- If it becomes too long it can be topped to about 20cm and allowed to re-grow.
- It can grow in full sun or in semi-shade and is suitable for all soil types.
- Radish can be interplanted between crops and can be sown with a legume where additional nitrogen is required.
How to sow green manures –
- Prepare a reasonable seed bed.
- Broadcast you seeds. If you have a large area to cover it is a good idea to divide the seed and the land into 4 parts to avoid running out of seed.
- Rake in and water if soil is dry.
Did you know -
- Fodder Radish is also thought to contain chemicals that help suppress nematodes e.g. cyst nematodes which attack potatoes.
- Is part of the Brassica family and should be treated as such for crop rotation purposes.