- Leaves and flowers have a mild onion flavour.
- Sowing instructions: Sow seeds in early spring in pots or a seed bed
- Growing instructions: When large enough to handle put into larger pots then plant in final position in May. Spacing 45cms x 45cms.
- Very decorative and can also be used in the flower garden.
- Divide clumps every few years.
500 seeds Cert. Org.(GB-ORG-6)
Snip chives with scissors instead of chopping them. Use chives in garnishes, salads, sandwiches, potato dishes and omelettes, adding the herb to the dish just before serving. The pretty purple-blue chive flowers can also be eaten.