- This French variety produces a consistent crop of pointed white cabbage.
- Chateauenard is a very early variety and can produce small heads as early as May.
- All cabbages grow best when the temperatures are not too hot and where moisture is readily available.
- They require a fertile soil rich in humus.
- Châteaurenard cabbage is known for its sweet, delicate flavour.
- Châteaurenard is in southern France and is a very famous fruit and vegetable growing district. This cabbage was developed there in the mid 19th century and became a speciality of the area.
- Sow: from Mid February in seeds trays or modules. Plant out after 6 weeks at 50 cm apart.
- Harvest: Mid to Late Summer
100 seeds Cert. Org GB-ORG-06