Radicchio Sugarloaf (Zuckerhut)
- Sow from the end of June till end July in rows 30cm apart.
- Sugar Loaf is perfect for late Summer and Autumn harvests.
- Can also be grown in greenhouses later in Autumn.
- Will tolerate light frosts.
- Beneath the outer, pale-green, mild tasting leaves lies a blanched heart of sweet, pale-golden white leaves with extraordinary flavour.
- Take off a few of the enormous wrapper leaves and then lie the cylindrical core on its side and slice across like a loaf of bread.
- Try a salad of Sugar Loaf with a hot oil dressing and croutons.
400 seeds Cert. Org.(GB-ORG-6)