Setanta - Organic Seed Potatoes
- Setanta potatoes are a very popular red Maincrop.
- It is a fairly new Irish potato with good blight and high scab resistance.
- Setanta potatoes give an excellent yield of red oval tubers with medium yellow flesh.
- Here is a real floury potato - meeting the Irish taste: lovely as a cooked spud or roasted.
- A high dry matter potato for crisping, it keeps very well in store and fry colours are good right through the storage season.
- SETANTA is very high yielding, has very good resistance to foliage and tuber blight, gangrene and dry rot.
- A great variety to grow and store. It is suitable for fresh use and very suitable for Organic production.
- Please click HERE to read our Blog post on growing potatoes.
Skin colour: Red
Flesh colour: Yellow
Eye depth: Shallow
Overall keeping quality: Very good
Yield: Very High
Good Resistance to Diseases & Pests
- • Close inter-row spacing is required to prevent oversize tubers.
• Careful management of N is required to prevent excessive canopy growth and reduced dry matter.
• Susceptible to spraing – avoid high risk sites.