Spinach Beet, Perpetual Spinach, Leaf Beet or Chard
- An easy to grow leaf crop, performing well even in poor soils, but will respond well to added fertility.
- Leaves can be cut several times and will give tasty spinach type leaves for up to twelve months from a single sowing.
- Sow from March until mid July in rows 30 cm apart.
- Season can be extended by sowing in tunnel or glasshouse.
- In recipes the leaves can be used in any dish that calls for spinach
- Eat the young leaves in salads and save the larger leaves for steaming, stir-frying, or chopping and sauting
- Can be cut several times and is medium winter hardy.
- Versatile vegetable that is vitamin-rich and nutritious.
200 seeds Cert. Org (GB-ORG-6)