Stubble Turnip Samson
- Tetraploid variety grows large tankard shaped roots, white with purple shoulders.
- Highly digestible catch crop, producing around 4.5t DM per hectare within 10-12 weeks from sowing.
- Early sowing from late April produces heavy crops for dairy grazing or for fattening lambs weaned off grass from July onwards.
- Sowing also takes place throughout the summer until beginning of September for feed through until January.
Seeding rate -
- 5- 8kg /ha = 2-3kg/acre.
- Sow July/September - ready for feeding Oct - November ( average 10 weeks !)