- Ailsa Craig is an English Heritage variety dating from 1925. It is still considered to be one of the finest varieties. It is a prolific cropper, noted for its vigour and the exceptional flavour of its fruit.
- It will give medium sized fruit of perfect size and shape early in the season with excellent deep red colour and is suitable for indoor or outdoor cultivation.
- Thin skinned.
- The fruits weigh approx 70 to 90 grams. Heavy cropping and a reliable performer.
- It is named after the Scottish Island, Ailsa Craig is the distinctive dome-shaped island-rock, which rises sharply from the Firth of Clyde.
- Tomatoes grow best at temperatures of 21-24 celsius. They need a lot of light and a well-drained fertile soil.
- Can be picked green, ripens very well on a window sill
- Sow from April under glass and plant outside or in a greenhouse.
25 seeds Cert. Org.(GB-ORG-6)