Violetta Seed Potatoes
- Violetta potatoes are a Violet blue/purple fleshed Maincrop.
- Specialist heritage/gourmet French potato variety
- They have a delicate sweet flavour, a slightly fluffy flesh and work well in savoury dishes.
- Have a dark blue, almost black, skin and dark violet-blue flesh; they have a characteristic nutty flavour and smell of chestnuts.
- The colour is retained in cooking, and is due to natural pigment. To retain the colour, it’s best to keep the skin on.
- The tubers are elongated with sunken eyes they are thick-skinned, and thus keep well.
- Also called Vitelotte noire, Négresseor Truffe de Chine.
- Has been cultivated in France since the early 19th century.
- Please click HERE to read our Blog post on growing potatoes.